Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Last Dragon Standing





















Last Dragon Standing- GA Aiken
Dragon Kin Series - Book 4
September 2010
Paranormal Romance

*Note*
If you have not read the first three Dragon Kin books, it is recommended before
reading Last Dragon Standing. There will be a lot of missed humor, not to
mention sizzling romance if you don't.

"I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness
bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any
battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique
that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord
and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before
him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile.
Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather
stupid!

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills,
and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want
to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him
to his knees."

I have to say out of all the Dragon Kin series, this one was my least favorite.
It isn't just because I wasn't looking forward to reading Keita's story, I
enjoyed her point of view surprisingly. It was just so. . .underdeveloped. in
areas.

Keita is a Dragoness who likes to have a good time and doesn't apologize for it.
She is like her brother Gwenvael, he was just able to get by with it easier
because he is Gwenvael, sweet hilarious Gwenvael. She is Keita who came off as
an empty headed trollop, it is easy not to like her in the beginning.
This book was also longer than the others and the plot was a lot slower to come
to light in my opinion. There also wasn't as much attention to the relationships
between the characters as with the pervious stories. Still Aikens ability to
mix; humor, romance, action and sex is brilliant.

The romance was pretty good but if you are a true Aiken fan you will know it
isn't at its best. Keita and Ragner's relationship was so underdeveloped that it
is hard to enjoy it when they do come together. Their relationship is told for
the point of view of others more so than their own. In the end it feels like
something is missing. Possibly the author plans to continue their romance.
The action in this story is also slow and long coming, not that it isn't great
when it finally gets there. The humor is there to make up for it, all the way
through there is nothing to do but wonder and laugh. The characters are
hilarious. Especially once they reach the southlands and Dark Plains. The family
hasn't changed a bit, well a little but it is all in a wonderfully delicious
way. They will keep you laughing.

If you're reading this sequel for Izzy and Eibhear then I am here to tell you
that you will not be disappointed. In fact you will be very sad the book has
ended once you read what has happened with those two. They are so hilarious, and
very clueless.

Little things aside the book is a good addition to the Aiken Dragon Kin series.
I can't wait, and I mean it. To get my hands on the fifth installment.

Four Black Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment